Saturday 19 October 2013

My Build of Raspbx, asterisk and freepbx on the Raspberry Pi

I just received my Raspberry Pi kit which i bought from amazon

I am buliding an asterisk pbx systems on to it, the Raspberry Pi is a revision 2 512mb Ram.

Having read up before i build the system raspbx comes with i hope the fail2ban service, which i will find out as i write this post.

My Main intention for this is simply to make it into a voicemail server as an addon for a panasonic pabx which has the sip utility.

Although is should be fine for VoIP calls.

The First thing i need to do is download the raspbx image from here

I then need to write the image onto the sd card, which has come with Noobs pre installed, i am going to overwrite this.

My PC is ubuntu so to write the image i am following this video from YouTube, this particular channel the guy is great to follow for all sorts of howto's on ubuntu, this video is explaining howto write the raspberry pi image but i'm going to try writing raspbx instead.


Opened the disk utility and unmounted, now to do the dd write commad
my sd card is /dev/sdb1.
I have download my image to Desktop and created a folder call raspbx which i am going to extract the image in.
Opening a terminal i am going to change directory #cd Desktop/raspbx/raspbx-12-08-2013/
I am now in the folder with the image next the write command
# sudo dd bs=4M if=raspbx-12-08-2013.img of=/dev/sdb
 press enter and type password this can now take a few minutes.

My SD Card Is 8GB so the initial image is 4GB and i will be looking to extend the space to 8Gb later.

Its Now built 2 minute job



Plugged in watching a boot screen could see on the boot up it has an ip of 192.168.0.122, that may help in a bit.

Logging in from ssh in ubuntu is going to be
ssh root@192.168.0.122 for me user root password = raspberry to start

Now presented with this terminal screen

At this stage is have typed raspi-config which now presents this screen



I selected expand_rootfs and now it has asked to reboot lets do it finish and then select reboot.

Thats killed my install so going to start process again,

This time to extend the partition i am going to plug the SD Card back into my pc and use gparted. No im not
Update the raspberry pi from the raspi-config, do all the updates now works fine.

Thats it my raspbx is now running configured with voicemail
just follow the official website for raspbx for any other info.

Buy your own raspberry pi kit the same as i bought here

Interested in a raspbx for your telephone systems call Union Telecom for further info for business telephones systems in the UK 

Check out my video on youtube for the raspbx asterisk freepbx voicemail server.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. asterisk pbx download

    ReplyDelete